Lundi, 18 Octobre 2010 15:57
The commission on Education, Youth, Sport, Cults, Religion, Culture and Tourism, can be called “Seventh Commission”, and with abbreviated acronym as “CECCT”
The seventh commission shall assume the following roles:
- Coordination between National Assembly and the Royal Government in the works related to the specialized fields of the commission.
- Fulfill the duty of the senate as representatives of the voters who are also representative of the people and the commune council members.
- Monitor the process of adoption of any draft laws or proposals and the implementation by the government of any laws related to the specialized fields of the commission.
The seventh commission shall assume the following duties:
- Review, study and make recommendations on draft laws or proposals or issues referred to by the Permanent Committee of the Senate.
- Communicated and cooperate with specialized authority of the National Assembly, Royal Government, all local institutions and source of documents and information used in the work of the senate.
The seventh commission has the following competences:
- Make recommendations to the Permanent Committee and senate whether to consider the review or classification of the emergency status of the bill.
- Initiate the ideas in organizing conference or domestic and international missions for the commission.
- Contact and seek for aid from national and international organizations if there is an approval from the Permanent Committee, shall report on the received and used funds.
- Invite the representative of the ministries concerned, dignitary, expert or civil society to provide opinion on different issues.
- The commission can request the President of the senate to assign an expert who is not member of senate to work together but the expert shall not have the rights to make a decision relating to the work of the commission.
(Referred to book title “Role, duties and Competence of the senate commissions”)