The commission on Economy, Planning, Investment, Agriculture, Water Resource, Meteorology, Rural Development and Environment can be called “Third Commission”, and with abbreviated acronym as “CEPIAWMRE”
The CEPIAWMRE shall assume the following roles:
- Assist the Permanent Committee of the Senate in the works related to the commission.
- Coordinate between the Assembly and the Royal Government.
- Study and review all draft laws and proposals or issues referred to by the Permanent Committee of the Senate.
The CEPIAWMRE shall assume the following duties:
- Review, consider, and resolve complaints and make intervention to institutions concerned.
- Gather information on irregularities, which are contradictory to the law, occurred in the country that relates to the senate and the commission.
- Contact with local and international organization to seek understanding on issues related to the third commission and report to the Permanent Committee of the Senate.
- Conduct filed visit to investigate all issues related to the third commission and report to the Permanent Committee of the Senate.
- Fulfill basic duties as provided for under the Constitution and the Internal Regulations of the Senate.
The Commission on Economy, Planning, Investment, Agriculture, Water Resources, Meteorology, Rural Development and Environment shall have the following competences:
- In the review of draft laws or proposals, while making recommendations to the Permanent Committee, The commission:
- May reject to consider
- May express in advance whether to consider or not
- May consider and classify in the emergency case
- Cooperate with the head of the institution or the author of the bill to invite concerned people to come for report or clarification.
(Referred to book title “Role, duties and Competence of the senate commissions”)